The College of Education was founded on February 1st, 2010 and it was composed of two departments, three institutes and one research center. Aimed to cultivate excellent academic research personnel as well as school and community educators, the college offers domestic and overseas educators advance training and professional development opportunities. Its programs provides solid foundation of students research and employ stability through cooperation of cross-departments, cross-college and cross-field research, which promotes quality research but also values combination of teaching theory and practice. Because of the demands for educational professionals, College of Education will actively expands globalization, combine central counties of primary and secondary school principals, directors, and teachers' trainings and advance studies. In particular, NCNU plans for “Primary and Secondary Education Leadership Training”, “Educational Human Resource Management” to cultivate educational research talents.
- To set up the activity of international volunteer service in Vietnam
- To initiate research and integrate the development of research in international and comparative education for Taiwan
- To initiate innovative international cultural and educational courses
- To cultivate professional of educational administrative in B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. programs
- To conduct practical training activities of educational administration in B.A. programs
- To publish the forum of educational administration and policy
- To establish the center for cultivation of educational leadership and the public Opinion Poll Center
- To found the Graduate Institute of Lifelong Learning and Human Research Development
- To hold the forum of lifelong learning
- To provide service of consultation and guidance for community
- To initiate Master program for Singaporean students
- To set up digital film studio
- To set up digital multimedia lab
Departments in College of Education
- Department of Counseling Psychology and Human Resource Development
The Department was established to nurture new talents in counseling psychology and human resources through a multi-tiered curriculum based on professional and applied knowledge. With an emphasis on helping students secure employment upon graduation, the Department offers two main career paths in (1) counseling psychology and (2) human resources and lifelong learning.
Core skill sets:
1. Diversified Knowledge
The Department hopes to produce counseling and human resource professionals that promote lifelong learning and give back to society.
2. Professional Expertise
The Department’s methodology focuses on teaching foundational knowledge during the first two years, and offering higher-level electives conducive for academic and career development for junior and senior students.
3. Applied Knowledge
The Department offers internships and career counseling during senior year; summer apprenticeships are also available for those who wish to gain more hands-on experience in the field.
(1) Counseling Psychology
Graduates can continue to go to school, begin their professional lives (schools, social services, corporations, hospitals), or get their government-issued licenses (probation officer).
(2) Lifelong Learning and Human Resources
Graduates can continue to go to school, begin their professional lives (corporations, educational institutions, nonprofits, public sector), or get their government-issued licenses.
- Educational Policy and Administration
Host of national and international academic symposiums
An innovative curriculum that combines educational policy and administrative research
Emphasis on leadership, management, and applied knowledge
Interschool cooperation and academic exchanges
Advanced methodology for teaching educational policy and administration
Learning through immersive and hands-on experience
Emphasis on civil education, academic framework and research, thesis reading and writing, analysis of educational issues, and applied knowledge in the fields of educational policy and administration.
Career paths include administrative services, academic research, and educational management for private and public educational institutions, K-12 schools, overseas Chinese schools, government agencies, and organizations that promote education or public policies; or pursuing further academic studies.
- Department of International and Comparative Education
Foreign-language abilities are strengthened through required Business English courses and foreign-language programs. The Department currently offers two-year programs for French, German, Japanese, and Spanish, and electives for Vietnamese.
Comparative and international educational capabilities are strengthened through courses showcasing the cultures and educational systems of different countries. The Department also offers a wide range of opportunities for students to learn from private and public educational institutes through volunteer and internship programs. Since 2008, students have visited NCNU’s partner schools based in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, and Vietnam.
Information-processing abilities are strengthened through courses on educational multimedia, information technology, graphic and audiovisual editing programs, computer teaching programs, online resources for comparative education, and digital animation.
Proposal-writing and course-planning capabilities are strengthened through topical courses and research programs. Since 2006, 17 NCNU students have been selected by the National Science Council to partake in its academic research programs.
Career paths include positions in the academic sector (K-12 education, cram and prep schools, after-school centers, supplementary learning, language schools), public sector (diplomacy, administration, immigration services), private sector (translation, commerce, clerical services, editing, journalism), academic research, or inbound and outbound tourism services.
- Graduate Institute of Instructional Technology
- Institute of Lifelong Learning and Human Resource Development
- Master's Program of Mental Health and Consultation
- Interdisciplinary Program of Education (2019)