Skip to main content

Exchange Students


  Exchange Student  

National Chi Nan University welcomes international students who embark as exchange students on our academic programs, benefiting from NCNU’s unique educational environment and friendly community. You must get nomination from your current university before you apply to an NCNU exchange program. Please search in our list of exchange partners that we have an exchange agreement with your university, then contact your international office for nomination. Along with your application, you will need to upload copies of your supporting information including an official transcript, a passport-sized photograph, a one-page statement of purpose (in Chinese or English), a copy of your non-Taiwanese passport, medical and accident insurance proof, and a Health Exam Form.


At NCNU you can look forward to living in quality accommodation. Each semester, local and international students enjoy the convenience and affordability of our residential services. Housing application is made along with your online application. We provide guaranteed accommodation as part of your application. Dorm is managed by NCNU’s Student Housing Service Division, Office of Student Affairs. Note that we currently do not provide student accommodation for couples and families. Please refer to the NCNU Student Domitories page and NCNU’s Student Housing Service Division, Office of Student Affairs (currently in Chinese) for more detailed information.


You should apply for a Resident or Visitor Visa from the Taiwanese Embassy or Mission in your residence country with letters of acceptance (both Chinese and English) from NCNU. Look up Embassies and Missions closest to you. If you are Mainland China Passport holder or, please apply for an Entry Permit(入臺證) through the assistance of NCNU.

Will you stay in Taiwan for one academic year? If so: once you have registered at NCNU, you can apply for a Resident Visa at the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As soon as you receive your Resident Visa, you have 15 days to apply for an Alien Residence Certificate (ARC) at the National Immigration Agency in Taipei. You can also request a Re-entry Permit (多重入國許可) simultaneously. The ARC for exchange students is valid for one year and cannot be extended.

Insurance and Health Exam Requirement

We advise you to purchase your own insurance in your home country before coming to Taiwan. Please provide a proof of accident and medical insurance worth a minimum of TWD x,xxx,xxx valid for the entire exchange period. If you hold an Alien Residence Card (ARC) and have met the six-month minimum residency requirement, you can choose to join the National Health Insurance (NHI) with limited coverage.

To meet NCNU and government requirements, every new student must take a health exam by a doctor and complete each examination listed on the NCNU Incoming Exchange/Visiting Students Health Exam Form. However, if you need to change to a Resident Visa in Taiwan, you should take the exam at one of the designated hospitals appointed by the Center for Disease Control, asking them to fill in the results of the NCNU Health Form.

Group Airport Pick-up

We provide group airport pick-up service upon request. This service is free of charge. There is one route from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to the NCNU dormitories, with scheduled time slots. If you need this service, please contact us.

Typical Cost in Puli

Halls of residence: NT$6,000-10,000 per semester

Off-campus apartment: NT$3,000-13,000 per month

Campus dining halls meal: NT$50-130.

Street food, fast food meal: NT$50 or less

Coffee: NT$75~NT$150

High-end restaurant per person: NT$500 or more

Bus to Taichung HSR: NT$140

Cinema: NT$250

Bottle water: NT$20

Haircut for men: NT$200



Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs

Address: #1 University Road, Puli, Nantao, Taiwan


Tel: +886-49-2912360

Office hours: Mon to Fri, 9am-noon, 1pm-5pm (GMT+8)

Share To: